What to make for breakfast?
Breakfast being the most important meal of the day should be healthy and well balanced having all the dietary nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and essential minerals.
Check out our breakfast recipes that are delicious, healthy & easy to make.
Chia pudding is an easy breakfast option on busy mornings. You will love this chia pudding made with coconut milk and coconut sugar. Top it with your favorite seasonal fruits and nuts. Enjoy it.
- Any nut milk like almond milk, coconut milk and cashew milk or even soy milk
- 2 tablespoon of sweetner like coconut sugar / jaggery / honey / maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dry fruits
- Take a glass & soak chia seeds in coconut milk.
- Sweeten it with some coconut sugar / jaggery / honey / maple syrup.
- Sprinkle some ground cardamom or ground cinnamon to enhance its flavour.
- Mix everything. Break lumps if any with a spoon. Cover and place the glass in the refrigerator for 2 hours or for some more time or overnight.
- Remove the glass from the fridge. You will see that the chia pudding has swelled up & it is nice & thick.
- Top it with the fruits of your choice like banana, strawberry, blueberries.
- Add some dry fruits to it like almonds, raisins, cashews, pistachios, pine nuts, walnuts.
Serve straight away. 🙂
Sandwiches are something that we all love. They are easy and quick enough to prepare. There are many variations one can do in the stuffing. Besides, they are a perfect brunch option.
Sandwiches that have cheese & mayonnaise are to die for. They are tasty but unfortunately, not heavy on calories. Today we will be showing you a very quick, easy and tasty sandwich recipe with a spiced veggie curd filling. It is tasty as well as a healthy alternative to mayo sandwiches.
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup boiled corn kernels
- finely chopped capsicum
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt or thick curd or hung curd – 90 grams
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
- some dried herbs like oregano , thyme, basil or mixed herbs
- red chili flakes or finely chopped green chilies
- butter (if possible use unsalted butter)
- brown / multigrain bread
- Take a bowl. Add all the chopped vegetables into it.
- Add ⅓ cup Greek yogurt or thick curd or hung curd.Season with ⅓ teaspoon black pepper as per your taste.
- Add some dried herbs like oregano, thyme or basil or mixed herbs, red chili flakes and salt as required. You can also add chopped green chilies, instead of red chili flakes.
- Mix everything together.
- Take the bread slices and spread some butter on them. Add the filling & cover it up with another slice.
- Your curd sandwich is ready. You can either have it straight away or you can grill it in a sandwich maker or toast it on a pan until it is crisp & golden.
Why oats? Well, they’re…
- High in fiber and antioxidants
- 100% whole grain
- Gluten-free and vegan-friendly
- The best healthy breakfast ever
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to low/medium and continually stir for around 3-5 minutes as the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
- Once oatmeal is at the desired consistency, remove from heat, and serve immediately.
It is possible to make the best pancakes which are fluffy, light, soft and yet made with whole wheat flour and without eggs.
These pancakes are lightly sweet and not very sweet. For sweet pancakes you can always add more sugar or a healthier variation, i.e., add jaggery or coconut sugar.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 cups milk or add as required
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or oil, add as required, for cooking pancakes
Mixing dry ingredients
- In a mixing bowl first take 1 cup whole wheat flour. Add 1 pinch salt. Skip adding salt if using salted butter.
- Add 3 teaspoons sugar. You can even add 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar or skip it entirely.
- Add 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder. You can even add ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
With a wired whisk mix all the dry ingredients very well. Keep aside.
Mixing wet ingredients
- Take 1.5 cups milk in a sauce pan. Keep the pan on a low to medium-low flame and begin to heat milk. Do not boil the milk but let it just become hot. Stir occasionally
- When the milk becomes hot, add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. You can also use oil instead of butter. Mix the butter in the hot milk very well.
- Then add this mixture to the dry ingredients in the bowl. With a wired whisk mix very well.
- Break lumps with a whisk and make a smooth batter. A few tiny lumps are fine in the batter.
- The pancake batter is of a pourable consistency and not thick. If the batter looks thick, then you can add ¼ to ⅓ cup more of hot milk. Depending on quality of whole wheat flour more milk can be added.
Keep the pancake batter aside.
Making eggless pancakes
- Heat a heavy griddle or pan. Spread ½ to 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or oil on the pan.
- With a ladle gently pour the batter. Do not spread the batter with the ladle. The batter spreads on its own.
- Cook the pancake on a medium-low flame.
- Cook the pancake till you see bubbles forming on the surface. When the base becomes crisp and golden, gently turn over pancake. Cook the second side also till golden. Then remove and serve the pancake.
Serve eggless pancakes with maple syrup and a side of fruits. You can also drizzle some maple syrup/ honey/ caramel syrup or chocolate syrup on these fluffy pancakes.
When it comes to scrambled eggs, I look for the eggs to be soft and creamy. You won’t believe how simple this recipe is. Follow my tips and you’ll be making the best eggs of your life in no time! 🙂
I honestly consider these to be the best scrambled eggs.
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper to season
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk before adding to your pan. The eggs don’t need to be whisked forever, just do it until the egg white and egg yolks are blended.
- Take a pan & heat on low flame. Add some butter.
- Pour the eggs batter into it. Sprinkle some salt & black pepper as per taste.
- Use a spatula to rapidly swirl in small circles around the pan. Do this without stopping until the eggs look slightly thickened and very small curds begin to form (this achieves the creamy part). Then change from swirling in circles to making long sweeps across the pan, making larger, creamy curds.
(OUR TRICK – The trick to making your eggs creamy is most definitely low heat. Scrambled eggs are all about cooking low and slow — that’s how you can achieve creamy eggs. )
5. Eggs are delicate and cook very quickly. Even over low heat eggs can go from liquid to over cooked in seconds. It’s important to take the pan off of the heat before your eggs have finished cooking.
6. The scramble should look softly set and slightly runny in places. Even though you’ve taken the pan off the heat, the eggs will still continue to cook. Give the eggs a few seconds in the hot pan (off the heat) and you’ll find the eggs turn out to be perfectly cooked — not dry, not too wet.
Enjoy your scrambled eggs on top of a slice of bread toast and top it with a few grinds of black pepper & garnish with some coriander leaves. 🙂